Phew, can you believe we made it to the end of 2020? With the holiday season in full swing, we hope you're taking some well-deserved time to rest, recharge and recover. As the year comes to a close, there's no better time to look back on all that you have experienced, discovered and accomplished during the last 12 months (even if most of that was from the comfort of your own home).
We've come up with a list of 20 questions to help you reflect on your year. Choose one, pick a few, or answer them all. Ready? Grab a pen and paper, curl up on your couch, and start writing.
- If you had to describe your 2020 in 3 words, what would they be?
- What was your most favourite event/day of the year and why?
- What single achievement are you most proud of?
- What was the best news you received this year?
- What was your biggest fitness/wellness accomplishment?
- What was the most difficult challenge you had to overcome?
- What new hobbies/skills did you acquire if any?
- What was your best financial achievement?
- What was the most humbling experience of the past 12 months?
- What little things did you most enjoy during your day-to-day life?
- Who/what are you most grateful for over the past year?
- How did your overall outlook on life evolve? Did you have any existing mental models/beliefs that were challenged?
- What was the hardest lesson you had to learn?
- What book/podcast/movie affected your life in a profound way?
- What is one thing you have learned about other people/humanity?
- What is one thing you would have done differently and why?
- What major/lifelong goal did you lay the foundations for this year?
- What new habit did you pick up that you want to bring into the new year?
- What advice would you give your early-2020 self if you could?
- What are your dreams for 2021?
Often times we're so busy planning ahead and setting goals for the future that we forget to pause and celebrate how far we've come, reminisce about our favourite moments, acknowledge our missteps, and just be grateful for all the little and big moments. We hope these questions will help you exercise some introspection, and provide some renewed hope and clarity for the new year. Happy holidays and happy new year #teamterrae.